Saturday, February 04, 2006
I had a phone call today...
...from my little sister. She ended up getting a place at HMSG, and once more, she gained a scholarship! Her 25% didn't beat my 33% for the Boys School, but on the phone we decided to call it even. This means that I'll have to pop home next weekend for a celebration meal. Which'll be nice.
(I just noticed that the HMSG site is viewable in Mandarin and Cantonese - they're clearly trying to pick up on some newly rich folk from the Tiger economies).
Speaking of China, Friday was the start of the multiculturalism week at the Uni, celebrating the diversity of the international students. Being me, I love all this stuff. There was fantastic food available at around mid-day, and I got to try some fantastic things - notably Amanda's Beef Rendang, some lovely Polish cabbage that Marsha made, some rather spinach-like Nigerian vegtables, and a very nice Slovakian potato-fritter thing. The money raised went to charity, so it was for a good cause!
In the evening the fun continued with a world-music night thing. Which was fun. And involved dancing.